3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 6:00 AM by Tracey Kuthol

sessions and view value

Tracey Kuthol

hi

i am looking to download full data using session id and view id in server side.

/sessions/9BC5E41C9E6749C197294D834FCCFA19-0:1/views/14425121001966086373_14100708447717819456

how do i get this session and views values or how do i make the download url like this https://report server/vizql/vud/sessions/9BC5E41C9E6749C197294D834FCCFA19-0:1/views/14425121001966086373_14100708447717819456

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: sessions and view value
          Lénaïc Riédinger

Hi Tracey Kuthol,

I'm not sure to understand what you really (really) want

Could you please give us a little bit more details?

Do you want to download data from Tableau Server's views?

I'm raising this thread to give it more visiblity.

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

• 2. Re: sessions and view value
            Tracey Kuthol

Here is what i did.  I embeded viz into our portal application.  I used javascript functionality to download raw data, image, etc.  we have custom export for clients.  When user click on custom export, getUnderlyingaync  called to get data.  After getting json data this send it over to middleware.  Middleware do some processing (ET) and upload data to another server.

Due to large amount of data, browser stop responding.

I am looking for similar functionality like full data download (raw data).  I took this url and typed in any browser the data downloaded from tableau server.  I am looking to implement in server side.

I am looking into tabcmd with filter some filter doesnt match exactly like download

• 3. Re: sessions and view value
              Tracey Kuthol

Do you want to download data from Tableau Server's views?  Yes but whatever customer did filter in the client those data only i need to download.