2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 9:24 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Tableau Site Session Cookies??

Thomas Rones

I have to login to the Tableau sites (Forums, learn, tclive) everytime I visit. It's kinda annoying. I'm pretty sure it's not on my end because this seems to be the case on all my devices. Is there a reason for this?

• 1. Re: Tableau Site Session Cookies??

Hey Thomas Rones,

This is for security reasons - However when I leave a session opened in my browser's window, I can stay logged in indefinitely. Today again, I haven't logged in this morning as it was opened from yesterday night.

Let me ping Patrick A Van Der Hyde who can particularly address your query

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

• 2. Re: Tableau Site Session Cookies??
            Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Thomas,

Most of the authorization cookies are set to expire when the current browser is closed.   You can look at the cookies and their configuration in your browser but these have been set to try to minimize the number of times needed to login while providing security. 

Note that your IT staff may have overrides in place that limit the duration of cookies or setting of cookies on your PC and you may be required to login more frequently as a result.  Consult with your IT team to determine any location specific rules.

If this post assists in resolution, please mark it "Helpful".   If this post resolves your question, please mark this post as "Correct Answer"

This will help other users with the same question locate this answer. 

Thank you

Patrick