7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 6:22 AM by Zhouyi Zhang

New customer orders vs returning customer orders

Jagjit Singh

Hi All,

I'm new to Tableau.

I want to calculate the: New customer orders vs returning customer orders.  So i want a PIE, telling me what percentage is new and what percentage is returning customer.

I got 9 ip adresses. Out of the 9 ip adresses only 5 customers bought something.

As you can see i got 5 customers that are saying "Aankoop definitief YES'     (Aankoop definitief  means 'Is the product sold?':Yes or No?")

So only 5 bought something and the other 4 customers just viewed the website and left without buying, so those arent customers but only website viewers.

And out of the 5 customers, 3 of them are returning because they bought more than 1 product, as you can see they got duplicate Ip_adresses.

And the other 2 customers with Ip_adress  '128.201.246.18'   &   '203.184.194.176' are new customers because they only bought 1 product as you can see, and their ipadresses only show-up 1time and arent duplicate.

(Blue are the customers and white are just viewers that came on the website)

So can anyone please give me a calculation that says:

" Every customer that ordered more than 2 products is a, returning customer with 'Yes as 'aankoop definitief' "

" And every customer that ordered 1 product is a new customer with  'Yes as 'aankoop definitief' "

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jagjit Singh