5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 3:11 AM by Tyler Betthauser

Calculated Field for 'Future' Data

Tyler Betthauser

Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to make my null fields a little smarter. Right now, there are a myriad of very good reasons why I have null fields in my data - It can be hard for people looking from outside my organization to easily see and understand that concept.

In the database, there is an ability to bucket certain records in a 'container' that is held on a date in the future--for example, I have records in containers on 6.26.2017, but I also have containers full of records on 12.31.2017. The records in the 12.31.2017 containers have null fields simply because the business hasn't addressed the records in those containers yet. In my reports, the null fields simply show up as null and it isn't intuitive as to what null means at a high level.

I know what the logic is behind what I need but I cannot for the life of me get the 'technical' wording of the calculations.

I need:

If review disposition is null and review date is after today's date, then review disposition is 'future review'.

Everything else stays the same outside of this.

I hope this is enough context.

Regards,

Tyler