create a calculated field Total= Sum(IIF(Year=2001,NULL,Value)) and use this as updated values.
Create two separate sheets for actual values and other one is for total and then combine both into a single dashboard like below. I have attached the workbook also.
Filter Out Total.xlsx.zip 7.3 KB
Hello Akhilesh i am taking the total from the tableau option it self.How can i do it.
As, Grand Total feature will always total the sum of view. So, that's not possible. You have to use two different sheets to achieve this.
So by using two charts how can i achieve it Akhilesh.Please let me know Thanks in advance.
Follow the below steps
1) create one sheet with year in column shelf and values in Row.
2) create one calculated field Total= Sum(IIF(Year=2001,NULL,Value))
3) On new sheet, Put measure names from dimension self to column and measure value from measures shelf to text.
4) Put measures name to filter shelf and select only Total.
5) hide title of both the sheets by right click on title.
6) drag text for title on new dashboard sheet.
7) Keep both sheet on a single dashboard sheet.
8) Now you can arrange the width and height of rows and column as you want.
I can't help you with workbook file as I am not around.