4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 1:36 PM by Anjal S

Tableau Worker nodes constantly failing

Anjal S

I have a report which is published in the server. Here there are two worker nodes and the reports running in worker node 1 is constantly failing but at the same time I have a different project where the extracts are running successfully with the same worker node. What might be the issue. Are their any suggestions for this. But I see an error like this,

Thanks in advance 

• 1. Re: Tableau Worker nodes constantly failing
          Wilson Po

Hi Anjal,

So it looks like it is really just the extract job that is failing on the worker rather than the worker is actually failing.  From the error message, it looks like the worker cannot communicate with the database because the appropriate driver have not installed.  Do you know what data sources that workbook relies on? You may need to download that workbook and open it in Desktop to see what it is using.  You will need to install the drivers and all workers, and all drivers can be found here: Driver Download | Tableau Software

For more info on what drivers are pre-installed with Tableau: Database Drivers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau Worker nodes constantly failing
            Anjal S

Thanks for the response wilson. But, the other extracts are able to run while this extract is failing. so still there would be any driver missing from tableau side. And also want to confirm if this is Tableau side issue or any other data side issue

• 3. Re: Tableau Worker nodes constantly failing
              Wilson Po

Hi Anjal,

Just because other extracts refreshes work, does not mean that all extracts refreshes are appropriately configured.  Unless we can confirm that the workbook/datasource in question leverages the same DB and drivers as all other extracts, it likely that this data connection is unique and relies on drivers that are not present on the Server.  You want to confirm what it might be connected to. 

Given the error message posted, I am almost certain that the data connection might be tied to a data source that is different than others and that we do not have drivers installed for that data source. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Tableau Worker nodes constantly failing
                Anjal S

Thanks Wilson. I understand now. But how do I see what drivers has to be installed. how do i navigate can u help me . Thanks