Morning Tushar and thanks for the quick response. We already have multiple sites on our instance of Tableau Server, one per customer. However, we also want to have custom URLs for each customer.
Any thoughts on this?
Brad, at my workplace we have customers accessing a Tabserver using different domains. We are using SAML to give them access to Tabserver.
Definitely a little closer to our needs Tushar! However, I failed to mention in my original post that we are using Local Authentication on Tabserver (managing the userids/pwds) for now. So currently are not using AD or SAML.
Does that matter or should we still be able to have multiple domains/URLs access our instance of Tabserver?
You will be able to use SAML through local authentication too. Instead of SAML, another easier way would be setting up trusted authentication.
Hope this helps.
Wouldn't this just be a proxy configuration/re-direction? If so then it should be doable.
That is exactly what I'm thinking Toby. I have our NetOps person adding several additional URLs now and then I'll test accessing Tabserver from each one. Tushar had some great points but we are not going to do anything with SAML, trusted authentication, AD, etc..... for now. We are just using Local Authentication on Tabserver.
I'll keep you all posted...
Hi Brad, I have the exact requirement as yours and exploring options. Were you able to achieve the result? If yes, could you please share?
- Single Tableau server
- Local authentication (with username/pwd)
- Tableau server is hosted externally at a cloud provider location (not in company local network)
- the URLs should be accessible company internal and external network.
- currently https://site1.domain.com (SSL certificate is specific to the site1.domain.com)
- how do I add SSL certificates for site2 and site 3 in Tableau server or can this be achieved through proxy server ?