2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 7:00 AM by Albert Torné

Synchronize Filter actions Clearing selection

Albert Torné

Hi,

I'm having the next trouble:

1. In first dashboard I have a worksheet showing sales by Country plus other different worksheets.

2. I want to click on a Country and filter the other worksheets in the dashboard -> So I created an Action Filter. OK

3. I want to be able to filter also the country with a Quick Filter -> So I have created a Quick Filter with Country

4. As i want to do everything consistent i have synchronized these filters -> Quick filter is in fact the Country Filter Action

5. Then, I want that filter applying to other dashboards -> I have applied this filter to specific worksheets (those that i wanted).

6. Ok, once i've done it, then i have filtered clicked in Country one from the worksheet and everything is filtered and the filter shows "Country 1".

7. Then i'm moving to next dashboards and i am still seeing "Country 1" in the quick filter -> Cool

8. Then in a dashboard i changed my mind and I've selected Country 2.

9. I've come back to first dashboard and I see in the quick filter that Country 2 is selected (information related to Country 2) but the worksheet where i selected Country 1 in first place still highlighted with Country 1 -> So it's creating lot of confusion

Is there any possibility to do that in a consistent way?

Regards

• 1. Re: Synchronize Filter actions Clearing selection
          Hari Ankem

You need to create action filters from the sheet in dashboard 2 to the sheets in dashboard 1 also.

• 2. Re: Synchronize Filter actions Clearing selection
            Albert Torné

Hi,

If I create action filters from the sheet in dashboard 2 to the sheets in dashboard 1, what i'm getting is that first i'm jumping between dashboards and i am filtering the data.

I do not want to jump between dashboards and i do not want to filter my worksheet by country, i only want to undo the highlight when i clicked in the first dashboard and highlight the country i've selected.

Actually, it happens in the same dashboard, and its easier to explain.

If i filter by Country 1 and then i change the selection to Country 2 trough quick filter (sync) the graph by country appears with Country 1 highlighted.

Regards,