2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 1:08 PM by Drew Loika

Can't Connect Tableau with QuickBooks Online

Alexander Corkett

I have been trying to connect my QuickBooks Online data with Tableau all week and neither support teams have been much help. When I follow the steps to connect to the QuickBooks Online Server, the system takes me through all of the steps (i.e. prompting me to log into QuickBooks Online, authorizing the connection between the Tableau and QuickBooks), and then it starts to launch the queries to connect. However, each time I get the following error message:

"An error occurred while communicating with the data source. The web data connector has reported an unrecoverable error and cannot proceed. If the connector has reported details of the error, they are displayed in the pane below.

Pane:

Name: Generic WDC Error Message: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'customField.Name.replace')

The full error message is attached to this post.

The Tableau support team said that there was something wrong with the data source and that we would need to replace all null or undefined fields in our database with empty strings. As a QuickBooks Online user I don't have access to the database itself to do that. QuickBooks Online support said they couldn't even find any information on a Tableau connector at all and couldn't help me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex