5 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 1:43 PM by Daniel Lar

How do I send parameters through an embedded URL to sort data on worksheet?

Daniel Lar

Hello,

I am using Tableau Desktop 10.2 and Tableau Online (both free trial).

I connected to a data source, retrieved data, created a Worksheet, and added data to the rows. I then published my worksheet to Tableau online and used the iframe code to embed the worksheet into a web app i'm building. I've read a bunch of community discussions and tableau documentation but have not been able to successfully add parameters to the iframe URL to filter the data on my worksheet.

for example, my url might look like: https://us-east-1.online.tableau/t/tableaueval/views/Report_1/Sheet1?:embed=y&id=28 but when I load the web page and look at the worksheet, the id 28 is not passed to the worksheet and does not filter the data.

I have also tried to create a parameter, then a calculated field, then passed a parameter through the URL and still have been unsuccessful.

I have also tried to create a parameter, then a filter based on that parameter, then passed a parameter through the URL and that did not work either.

Is there a specific way for me to create a worksheet that allows a parameter to be passed through the embed URL to filter the data upon loading the worksheet in an iframe?

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks