2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2017 6:19 AM by Alexandros Theodoridis

Calculate Score out of Values and combine them

Alexandros Theodoridis

Hello,

as we call us in Gaming, I am a Noob using Tableau. I have following issue. I have to check feasability of following idea.

I have a database. This Database contains a lot of macroeconomical key figures as GDP, FDI etc. etc. etc.. of 250 countries. Each country gets a score within its own year and key figure with following formula.

e.g. GDP of one country / GDP MAX *0,1

So I have an easier way to compare countries to each other. Now I want to combine the scores of different Key Figures lets take FDI and GDP in to one Score which is given by the sum of their scores.

Afterwards I have the possibility to weight them with parameters within a Tableau dashboard. Lets say 60 % of GDP Score and 20% of FDI and 20 % of Exports.

My database has following structure:

Country, Indicator, Value, Year, Kind of Indicator

Kind of Indicator gives information about if the indicator is a percentage as GDP Growth or basic value as GDP in € or $.

I summarize the questions now:

- Is there any possibility to create a calculated field which calculates the score of each country for each Year and indicator?

- Is there any possibility to combine afterwards more than 2 Scores with each other into one?

- Is there any possibility to create parameter in a Dashboard which multiplies the weights I want with the Scores calculated?

I hope I can find help here. I don't want any solution I just have to check if it is feasible.

Greetings from Germany

Alex