5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2017 6:36 PM by Zhouyi Zhang

Custom format time of day on Y Axis

Gillian Murphy

Hi all,

I am new to Tableau and am trying to create a report that shows performance of time based KPIs in a single day. The problem is that I want my 'day' to begin at 02:00 and end at 02:00 on the y axis (instead of the default 00:00 to 24:00 range). I have a KPI where the time can range between 23:00 and 02:00 but my line chart looks very misleading because the line jumps back up to 00:00 for all times 12 midnight. Instead what should happen is the downward trend should continue i.e. for the purposes of this exercise 00:00 and 01:59 should be considered the same day. Hopefully this makes sense!. If you look at the green line in my chart below it should hopefully make more sense. The fact that the line jumps back up the graph between Mar and Jun 2017 looks like a positive thing on the graph when actually it is a negative thing i.e. my KPI keeps getting later and later. Can anyone help me please? I have searched the forum for posts relating to time of day on the y axis but can't find exactly what I need. Thanks!ER KPIs.png