1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2017 1:29 PM by Justin Larson

I have a start and an end date how do I get my data to appear in between

alex lewis

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me on this.

I am trying to analyse and present some information on my companies recruitment.

Each job has a start and an end date. This can often cover a period of up to 3 weeks.

I am trying to show the number of 'live' jobs on a weekly basis. Therefore in the case where a post is open for 3 weeks, on a line chart I would want to see a steady line of 1 post throughout the 3 weeks.

However, this is where things get difficult. In my data, I only have a start and end date. How do I get the data to appear for the whole 3 weeks?

Thanks

• 1. Re: I have a start and an end date how do I get my data to appear in between
          Justin Larson

From a visual perspective, this can be done with a gantt chart. Create a calculation End-Start, call it whatever you want, but "Duration" seems fitting. Change your mark type to Gantt and drop Duration on Size.

Other dimension pills you drop on the view will draw more gantt bars.

From a calculation perspective of "on this day, how many jobs were active" - that's a ton more complicated. If the gantt option satisfies, I'm stopping there. If the gantt option does not get you what you want, we can talk more about the calculation, but it'll get complicated in a hurry.