4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 1:50 PM by amulya.sharma

Obtain Singular Dimensional Outcome based on multiple results and Aggregate the per person Outcomes

amulya.sharma

Hi everyone,

In the attached 10.0.2 workbook, I've run into a tricky situation while working with two similar dimensions - Employment Status and Living Arrangement Status. Both these dimensions can have 3 values - Gotten Worse, Stayed the Same and Improved. And for each person, the results are collected and assessed over multiple visits and each follow-up visit has this dimension answered with respect to the just prior visit.

Eg: Person A has 1st Visit saying Employment Status Improved, 2nd Visit - Stayed the Same (w.r.t. to 1st Visit), 3rd Visit -(Stayed the same (w.r.t. 2nd Visit) and so on..

Now if I try and aggregate all results based on individual dimensional values to measure something like Treatment Impact (What % of all patients showed Improvement, Did not change, Or got worse?), it will skew the data towards a particular dimensional value (Eg: if suppose Person A keeps answering "Stayed the Same" for Employment/L.A. multiple times). And that'll not tell the real story for Treatment Impact.(See existing worksheets) In reality, they were answering "Stayed the same" w.r.t. Improvement at a prior visit. Also, I'm not sure what to do with Person 19 either (Improved -> Stayed the same -> Stayed the Same -> Worsened).

How do I show Treatment Impact using a chart with this data, showing me a singular accurate result per person, based on all their results off all their visits? Basically get one overall result per person and aggregate that. Is this even possible with this data? I'll appreciate it. Thank you!