Thanks, Joomla is a content management system, 3rd party cookies are enabled, also in my browsers.
Sometimes workgroup_session_id is "", a value, or it doesn't exist
I am experiencing extremely similar behaviour, using Tableau 10.1.3.
We have embedded a tableau viz in our web site via trusted authentication. The viz loads, but at some point after hovering and clicking in the viz, the Sign in to Tableau Server page displays.
When this happens, looking at the network tab in browser dev tools, one of the requests to Tableau will have returned a 403.
I've noticed that this 403 request will either have an incomplete or missing request cookie, for example:
Note that the previous tableau request (and all previous ones) has a cookie with many headers:
I've also seen cases where the request that gets the 403 has a cookie, but the cookie does not have the tableau_locale, workgroup_session_id or XSRF-TOKEN.
So for some reason, it seems that what is happening is that at some point, the cookie gets corrupted, which causes a 403 response, which then triggers the Tableau login screen to appear.
Note that this only happens in IE 11, but does not happen in Chrome.
No idea why this is happening. Looks like either an IE 11 cookie bug, or a Tableau bug applicable only to IE.
Hi Michael. We also use 10.1.3 with an embedded view in a website / trusted authentication. And we encountered the 403 at times a couple years ago and managed to fix it. See this KB to see if it's viable for you. An error occurred communicating with the server (403)
The problem was with multiple views on the same page, we managed to get it working by enabling unrestricted tickets using tabadmin set wgserver.unrestricted_ticket true