6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 2:14 AM by Neeraj Goyal

Hiding and displaying sheets in a dashboard based on clicks

Fisseha Berhane

I have four sheets in my dashboard and I want the first sheet to be default view on the dashboard and when a user selects something on the first sheet, the first sheet should disappear and the second sheet, zoomed in to the selection on the first sheet, should display. When a user makes a selection on the second sheet, the third sheet should show up zoomed in to the selection on the second sheet and the second sheet should disappear. I want to do this for all the sheets and further there should also be a way to get back to the previous sheet. If I was on the third sheet, I want to be able to get back to the second sheet and then the first sheet.

To give an example: if my default view is USA population map by state, then when I click on a state, I want population map of the selected state by county. The USA map should disappear at this point. When I select a county, I need population map by city. Now, the county map should disappear. When I select a city, I need a time series plot of the population of the selected city. The city map should disappear at this point. But if I want to see another city, I should be able to get back to the city map and from the city map, I may need to get back to the county map. I should also be able to get back to the USA map from the county map.

In the attached example, I have USA population by city for 2010 and 2012. I want to show the USA population by state map  first and when I select a state, I need map of the cities by population. I do not need to see the USA map at this stage. Further, when I select a city, I need the bar graphs of 2010/2012 population. I do not need to see the city map at this stage. However, I should be able to get back and select a different city/state.

How Can I implement this? I appreciate any tips/suggestions