2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2017 5:22 AM by Sakis G

How to display data from same day different sources

Sakis G

hello!

I have some excel files with air pollution data, same structure, same dates but different measure stations.

what i'm trying to do, is to display a graph with date in columns and the measurements, eg "CO" from stations 1, 2, 3, 4 etc on ONE graph and not in separated.

I can do it with 2, but when I add the third it is split in 3. Then, all I could do is to make it 2 on one graph on top and one down.

here is the sample Tableau Public

any help on this?

• 1. Re: How to display data from same day different sources
          Deepak Rai

Hi Sakis,

I could do this. Kindly check the screenshots  and attached. Second  Screenshot is from your file and the first is created by me. So, I took all your data source, Created csv files and used UNION to create one dataset. Book1, Book2 and Book3 are three csv files which I combined. In the attached, you would find that since my Tableau is in English, so I got the Dimension names Changed, but it worked.

Hope it Helps!!!

Let me know.

Thanks

Deepak

• 2. Re: How to display data from same day different sources
            Sakis G

Hello!

thanks for spending some time helping me!

I can't open your file, I get this error

2017-04-23_14-03-50.jpg

I didn't know about union, thanks for the info.

If I got it right from this Union Your Data, Union will merge all my data in one file which I don't get how it will help me.

Anyway, I tried using it merging my data but I think what it created was a mess until i noticed the "table name" under "Marks" field. And then I got it working!!!!

For future reference, I should declare that you have to use the dimension "table name" and drag it on the color mark. You could use it as a filter as well.

thank you so much for your help!