1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2017 2:19 AM by Nishant Trehan

Percentage Filtered Out

Nishant Trehan

Hello Everyone,

So, I have a counter on top of my dashboard which has almost all the important measures (some amount fields and the number of records field) and I have some filters, now what I want to show is the percentage of total which is filtered out when I filter using one of those filters. I want a new row beneath those measure values in the counter which will show the % filtered out.

For Example:

when I filter on Type A the counter should give me unfiltered amount in the 1st row for all the measures and % of total filtered out in the 2nd row for all the measures:

Amount_1  ||   Amount_2  ||   Amount_3  ||   Number_of_Records

1000          ||     2000         ||     2500        ||     25                                   --------> this is the total values which will stay constant

25%           ||     10%         ||     57%          ||     30%                               ---------> this is the % of total which is filtered out due to the type filter

I hope it is somewhat clear, but let me know if you need any clarifications.

Thank you for you time and support.

Regards,

Nishant Trehan

• 1. Re: Percentage Filtered Out
          Nishant Trehan

I solved this by creating a duplicate of the data source and then creating some new fields to which calculate the percentage by taking fields from both the data sources - one data source remains unfiltered and other is being filtered.

Still, let me know if there is another way of doing this. Thanks!