3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2017 5:43 AM by Jim Dehner

Shipping performance

Christopher Evans

I'm sure I am missing something simple, but I need to ask for help.

I want to show shipping performance by order, by warehouse by day.

For example, per the attached workbook, order 100 is complete, but order 103 is not.

A complete order requires for all line items, shipped quantity = order quantity, and scheduled ship date = actual ship date.

I can create a performance graph at the line item level, but not at the order level.  In other words, I can show if a line is shipped complete per the criteria, but I don't know how to roll that up to the entire order.  If an order shipped 9 out of 10 lines complete, but missed on one line, the whole order should show incomplete.

The attached workbook is what I want to display (count distinct of order number per day per warehouse), but also add the performance line

What I want to calculate is number of orders (not lines) per warehouse per day.

So I would end up with the bar graph I have, and then a line showing I shipped 50% on this day, and 75% on that day, and so on.

Thank you,

Chris

• 1. Re: Shipping performance
          Jim Dehner

Hi Chris

I'm close to what you want - see below and attached

here are the key formulas 

Ship date mat order date = { FIXED [Order Number], [Warehouse Name]: avg(

if [Scheduled Ship Date]=[Actual Ship Date]then 1 else 0 END)}

Order qty complete?= { FIXED [Order Number],[Warehouse Name]: (

if sum([Order Qty])=sum([Shipped Quantity]) then 1 else 0 end )}

Order Complete =              if ([ship date match order date]) + ([Order  qty complete?]) = 2 then 'Complete' end

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Shipping performance
            Christopher Evans

Jim,

Thank you for this.  FIXED was the function I was looking for.  I figured there was a way to pivot without displaying, but wasn't aware of that function.  I will work with this today, but I believe your knowledge has pushed me into the ballpark.

Thank you,

Chris

• 3. Re: Shipping performance
              Jim Dehner

Thanks Chris

Your problem was interesting - I have done some work with both distribution and manufacturing planning and have thought that Tableau was under utilized

in those areas

Jim

Also if you mark the response as correct or helpful it will close out the thread