2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 7:59 AM by Vale Trujillo

SMTP logs

Vale Trujillo

Hello,

Does anyone know the log files that would show information about server notification emails being sent or not sent?

I am scratching my head as to why my SMTP notifications make it through to some accounts (specifically my own), but not to others (a shared mailbox). I have tested all of my email configuration using Powershell under both my own account and the Tableau server Run As account without any issues so I know all the addresses are viable. The server happily sends to my own account but refuses to send to the shared mailbox.

I am hoping there is a log file that can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: SMTP logs
          Jeff Strauss

I'm not sure about the log files, but you should have a look at the AD setup for the shared mailbox.  I believe this happened to me, that there was a flag within the account setup for the shared mailbox or the underlying active directory that specified whether external access (i.e. Tableau Server) was allowed.

• 2. Re: SMTP logs
            Vale Trujillo

That was my first thought. I will have to look into it. I would have expected a Powershell Send-MailMessage command to fail, using the same parameters from the Tableau server, but that all works fine.