2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 9:24 AM by Jeffrey Line

permission user

balkis ELOUEJ

hello everyone ,

We need to change the permissions of the users as follows:

- role publisher  on the site: the user has the ability to edit a report then make a save as to save his report version.

- at the same time we need to forbid the publication of report under tableau desktop ,this is possible by putting him the role interactor but it would have me more the possibility of making a save as at  tableau server.

Is there a way to combine these two possibilities?

thanks a lot for your help

• 1. Re: permission user
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

moved to the Server Administration space where a Tableau Server Administrator is more likely to see and reply  to this thread. 

Patrick 

• 2. Re: permission user
            Jeffrey Line

So have implemented something like this, but my requirement is that the user who edits the report can not save it back to the original folder. I could not find any way to prevent the user to overwrite the original workbook. Got this from TC16 about creating a personal project.

User is defined as a publisher role.

Project X(Contains workbook to be edited)

• Project Permissions as Viewer
            • Workbook Permissions as Editor
            • Data Source as Connector

_Personal Sandbox

• Project Permissions as Publisher
            • Workbooks Permission as None
            • Data Source Permissions as None

So basically you are allowing them to save their own copy of the workbook into what seems to be their very own personal project. Since they are the owner they will be the only one who can see it and it can't be shared. now you can change that so that they can share it.