5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 1:01 AM by Rahul Kondhalkar

Equal and opposite values selection

Rahul Kondhalkar

Hello,

In Tableau 9.3:

There are different users using  8 products such as A, B, C, D,E,F, G and H  .  We want to create two separate tables on dashboard like

Table1:

IF we select user(using User filter) and he is using products  A and B then only A & B will  get populated in Table1

Table2 : In the table 2 we will be able to see remaining products (C, D, E,F, G and H)

We have tried below solution already but as we can’t setup multiple current values while creating a parameter it is not working for us.

1-Create a Parameter    ProductParameter: type string ,   add from field Products

2-Create two sets from  Products

SelectedProducts:  By Formula :   [Products] = [Products Parameter]

OtherProducts:  By Formula :   [Products] <> [Products Parameter]

3-Create one sheet with the SelectedProducts set on the Filter shelf  and another with the OtherProducts set

4-Bring the two sheets on the dashboard along with the parameter for the selection

Can you please help us on the same.

Thanks you in advance.Katy StepneyKevin Whitlock

• 1. Re: Equal and opposite values selection
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Rahul,

Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 9.3 located in the original thread.

1. Create set:

2. Define calculated field

3. setup sheet

Regards,

Norbert

• 2. Re: Equal and opposite values selection
            Rahul Kondhalkar

Thanks Norbert for sharing above information.

I think I have to rephrase my question as all the time User will not just use A & B:

Please find the attached dashboard Images :

Example 1:

Where User AAA  are using Products A, B and C So in Used Products we want to Showcase product A, B and C and remaining Products(D,E,F,G & H) in Suggestions.

Example 2:

User ABA are using products B, E, F and G so in Used Products we want to Showcase product B, E,F and G and remaining Products(A,C,D & H) in Suggestions.

Likewise if I select any user from the Users list we should get currently using products in Used Products and remaining products(among the 8 products)  in Suggestions.

Data:

101.JPG106.JPG

103.JPG102.JPG

Currently it  looks like this.

104.JPG

And we want to showcase like below(for user AAA)

105.JPG

We are able to showcase the currently used in Used Products list but need help to select Suggestions (Opposite values).

Thank you so much!

• 3. Re: Equal and opposite values selection
              Chris McClellan

Can you supply some sample (dummy) data please ?

• 4. Re: Equal and opposite values selection
                Rahul Kondhalkar

Hello Cris,

Please find the below data in the attached images (already I have uploaded in the last post) where we have different users (eg. AAA,ABA etc) using  products among 8 different products A,B,C,D,E,F, G and H. 

Users are using one or multiple products at a time.

So we want two tables where in the 1st table we will get list of users with used products and in the 2nd table we will get a list of not used products among 8 products (suggestions).

Raw data:

101.JPG

Pivot table where we we can understand users are using which product.

106.JPG

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Equal and opposite values selection
                  Rahul Kondhalkar

I'm rephrasing the my question as all the time User will not just use A & B:

Please find the attached dashboard Images :

Example 1:

Where User AAA  are using Products A, B and C So in Used Products we want to Showcase product A, B and C and remaining Products(D,E,F,G & H) in Suggestions.

Example 2:

User ABA are using products B, E, F and G so in Used Products we want to Showcase product B, E,F and G and remaining Products(A,C,D & H) in Suggestions.

Likewise if I select any user from the Users list we should get currently using products in Used Products and remaining products(among the 8 products)  in Suggestions.

Raw Data:

101.JPG

Pivot Table of the Data to understand which user is using which products:

106.JPG

Below are the images where Users is the filter and Used products and Suggestions are the tables where we want to showcase the data.

103.JPG102.JPG

Currently it  looks like this.

104.JPG

And we want to showcase like below(for user AAA)

105.JPG

We are able to showcase the currently used in Used Products list but need help to select Suggestions (Opposite values).

Your help is really appreciated!!