Thank you so much for your help Sunil. I however am not able to open the dashboard. I get an error saying - "An error occurred while trying to access dashboard", tried on 2 versions. You'll be able to attach again please?
Hi sunil.sachdeva, Not sure if you got a chance yet to check the error in the dashboard you had attached earlier. If you can just copy the screenshots here that might also be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!
Apologies for delay in reply, was occupied with work.
Workbook was published using V10.2.0, it won't open with lower version, Here is the logic, hope that helps.
- Create a Parameter for Company filter and use calculated field to get selected company data
2. To get Top 2 for Company, created calculated field with below logic:
3. Use Bottom 3 Flag (Calculated columns) similar to step 2 to get bottom 2 (difference is RANK is used in ‘ASC’ order:
4. Tricky part is to filter data for Industry (For selected company), please use below Industry Filter to get that:
Calculated Field Name: Industry_Filter
Logic: IF [P_Company]=[Company] THEN [Industry] ELSE NULL END
Step2: Drag Industry to Filter Pane> go to condition > By Formula >
5. After Industry filter add TOP2 Flag for Industry as it was done for Company and filter for Top 2:
6. For Bottom2 Industry, copy same calculated field and use RANK with ‘asc’ parameter:
7.Dashboard would look like:
Much appreciate your help and taking out time for this. I tried to copy all the steps, my results do not seem to match the above results however. Also my bottom figures appear to be same as the top filters even after using the 'asc' argument with Rank(). Can't figure out what I'm missing! :-( I'm using the same YoY calculation I had in my sample sheet. Is that ok?
could you please share workbook?
could you please suggest which version of tableau you are using (so i can generate workbook in same version and share it with you)?
Hi Sunil, Thanks again for offering to help. I'm using Tableau 8.2. Not able to attach now. Will try another way to upload my workbook.