Could you clarify your order sequence and which connector is in use? Is the connector locally hosted or remote? it sounds like you are modifying the connector causing the disconnect from the table and extract. You could save the table from the first connection locally via a data export and then connecting to that file seperately or you could create a new data connection for a second data source using the same WDC code. If you provide a few more details about the connector and what you are trying to do, someone in the Web Data Connector area of the forums can likely assist.
This can be very easy to simulator from the Stock Quotes example provided in Web Data Connector Simulator.
Step as below:
- Open Tableau Desktop and add a new Web Data Connector
- Put the url point to the Web Data Connector example like below: http://domain.com/Examples/html/StockQuoteConnector_promises.html
- Fill in IBM in the input box and click Get Stock Data.
- The Stock quotes connector is created and IBM table listed and viewed
- Remove the IBM from the Data Source view as below
- Edit the Stock quotes connection and fill in different stock quote such as YHOO and click Get Stock Data button.
- The table list is empty as below
I am not able to reproduce this on my end. Can you try two things for me?
1. Can you try to reproduce with our official hosted sample: Stock Quote Connector.
2. What version of Tableau are you using?
Ah, I can see the bug now when using 10.1.
Are you able to upgrade to a version of 10.2 desktop? This appears to fixed in 10.2.0.
Yes, it is fixed in 10.2.0. Thanks