2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 6:23 PM by John Kuo

Deleted subscriptions from deleted workbook won't stop sending

Tom Cody

Hi everyone,

I had multiple users setup views / subscriptions to a workbook. This workbook was retired so I removed all subscriptions and even deleted the workbook itself.  Since then, users (including myself) are continuing to receive these old subscriptions.  Any ideas?... Thanks!

• 1. Re: Deleted subscriptions from deleted workbook won't stop sending
          Donna Coles

Hi Tom

That sounds really wierd!  With the workbook being deleted, I certainly wouldn't expect the subscription to exist at all.

If you look at your account settings on Tableau Server, can you see the subscription listed (I'm assuming not but worth checking)

Does the subscription email sent actually contain any information?

Do you have a single server set up or multiple servers?  Is there a chance the subscription is actually being sent from a server you may have 'backed up' to that should be in a 'disabled' state but isn't...?

Is there a chance there is a duplicated workbook on the server (eg same name but in a different project), that you're actually subscribed to (rather than the workbook you deleted).

Can you get access to the postgresdb to have a check there.  The subscriptions_views table stores the subscription -> user mapping - the script below is essentially what serves the above.

select * from subscriptions_views v

inner join subscriptions s on s.id = v.subscription_id

inner join system_users su

on su.id = s.user_id

where su.name = 'dcoles'

The repository_url field from the subscriptions_views table will give you an idea of the actual url being accessed (I say idea, as I had to remove the /sheets/ part of the url stored to get to a working page when I copied and pasted into browser.

Hope this helps / gives you a few more ideas.

Donna

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Deleted subscriptions from deleted workbook won't stop sending
            John Kuo

Is the same workbook published to another environment like DEV or QA? Maybe it's the workbook there sending out subscriptions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful