3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 12:56 PM by Sara Sparks

Hide parameters in tableau

Mohanraj Ramalingam

Hi All,

I just want to know is there a way to hide the parameter in tableau dashboard based on the selection in other parameter in the same dashboard.

Regards,

Mohan

• 1. Re: Hide parameters in tableau
          Sara Sparks

Hi Mohanraj!

I'm not sure what you mean by "hide the parameter". Do you mean that you want to remove the parameter control for Parameter B, if a certain selection is made in a different parameter (Parameter A), or do you want to remove some options from Parameter B, depending on the selection of Parameter A?

It is possible to create a "sheet selector" to hide controls using a floating worksheet. You can find more information on that solution here:

Re: Show/Hide Filters Based On Sheet Selection

Please let me know if this does not address your issue!

Sara

• 2. Re: Hide parameters in tableau
            Mohanraj Ramalingam

Hi Sara,

Thanks you very much for your kind information. As you have already

explained the problem which i need to solve is that I want to remove the

parameter control for Parameter B, if a certain selection is made in a

different parameter (Parameter A).

Consider this example, where Parameter A has two drill down values. First

one as "Last 4 Weeks" and the second one "Custom date". There are two

parameters like "Start Date" and "End Date". So, In Parameter A, if i

select the value as "Last 4 Weeks" then my other two parameters "Start

Date" and "End Date" should be hidden in the dashboard. When i select

"Custom Date" in Parameter A then both "Start Date" and "End Date" should

be visible.

Let me know is there any solution to solve the above mentioned problem in

tableau.

Anyway, Once again thank you very much for the details.

Regards,

Mohan

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Sara Sparks <tableaucommunity@tableau.com>

• 3. Re: Hide parameters in tableau
              Sara Sparks

Hi Mohanraj!

I think that Jonathan Drummey's solution on this thread is what you're looking for:

Re: Show/Hide Filters Based On Sheet Selection

There is an attached workbook which demonstrates his solution.

Cheers!