2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 6:32 AM by Bingcan Chen

Overlay Pie Charts or Tree Charts on a Dashboard with Sheet Parameter

Bingcan Chen

Hi All,

I was trying to create a dashboard in which I am planning to use a sheet parameter to control which worksheets to show up on the dashboard. I have been using this 'trick' for quite a while now, and it has been working perfectly until today. The only difference I wanted to do today was that I was trying to overlay two worksheets containing Pie charts and tree charts (before I have only overlaid bar charts or filled maps). Does anyone know why this is the case?

Here are the steps I have been using for overlaying Bar Charts just for your information, and it's not working for Pie charts nor Tree Charts.

Suppose I have two worksheets A and B (both of them contain bar charts or maps)

1.)  Create a Parameter with values A and B;

2.) In worksheet A, create a calculated field as parameter = 'A', and use it as a filter

3.) In worksheet B, create a calculated field as parameter = 'B', and use it as a filter

4.) Create a dashboard, and place a container onto the dashboard.

5.) Move worksheet A to the container, and show the parameter.

6.) Move worksheet B to the SAME container, and hide title.

This works fine when worksheets A and B contain bar charts or maps (i only used these two types before). But I can't move worksheets A and B to the SAME container when they contain Pie charts...

Not sure why this is the case. Anyone knows?

Thanks,

Bingcan