3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 8:51 AM by Mark Holtz

Connecting Q4 with Q1

yan.haspectchnier

I have unemployement rates for 5 quarters : Q4 - 2015 to Q6 2016. Q1 to Q4 2016 create a line, but Q4 2015 is a single point. How can I have it linked to the others?

In my columns field I have: Year(date) and Quarter(date).

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Connecting Q4 with Q1
          Mark Holtz

Yan,

You'll get better assistance if you supply a packaged workbook or at least an image.

When you partition (use a blue pill) on columns or rows with a line graph, a pane/partition with only one observation in it will be a point instead of a line.

I suspect you're using the Discrete (blue) pill versions of the Discrete Date components.

If your view layout matches this:

You can simply switch from the 2 BlueDiscrete-Discrete date elements of Year and Quarter to 1 BlueDiscrete-Continuous data element of Quarter.

That's a confusing way to say switch your 2 date pills from the above to this (delete your Year pill and right click on your Quarter pill):

This should be the result:

• 2. Re: Connecting Q4 with Q1
            yan.haspectchnier

Thanks Mark!

I liked the idea of having a separation for the years, but I guess it won't be possible.

• 3. Re: Connecting Q4 with Q1
              Mark Holtz

Not as a line graph. But you could always switch to a bar graph if the distinction is important.