1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 7:40 AM by Yuriy Fal

Join Culling not working with Assume Referential Integrity and Inner Join tableau 10.0.07

Anthony Liu

I was noticing my tableau data source is performing slowly, So I start using the performance recording function.

I noticed that it seems tableau is not culling my join  to [dbo].[vw_dim_Decisioning_Offer_Output_Hist] even though this is

1. set as Inner Join
      2. Assume Refential Integrity option is turned on
      3. data from this table is not used in the select statement or filter ( see code generated below )

What else do I need to do to guarantee Join Culling?

FROM [dbo].[360_TA_Event_3M_VW] [TA Event]

INNER JOIN [dbo].[vw_dim_Decisioning_Offer_Output_Hist] [Decisioning Offer Recommendation] ON (([TA Event].[Decisioning Offer Customer Portofolio ID] = [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer Customer Portofolio ID]) AND ([TA Event].[TA Event Date] >= [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer From Date]) AND ([TA Event].[TA Event Date] <= [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer To Date]))

• 1. Re: Join Culling not working with Assume Referential Integrity and Inner Join tableau 10.0.07
          Yuriy Fal

Hi Anthony,

This non-equi join condition is a usual suspect

(and it is present in both the select and the sub-select):

INNER JOIN [dbo].[vw_dim_Decisioning_Offer_Output_Hist] [Decisioning Offer Recommendation]

ON (([TA Event].[Decisioning Offer Customer Portofolio ID] = [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer Customer Portofolio ID])

AND ([TA Event].[TA Event Date] >= [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer From Date])

AND ([TA Event].[TA Event Date] <= [Decisioning Offer Recommendation].[Decisioning Offer To Date]))

Are they parts in your inner JOIN conditions (of the TA Event fact

to the vw_dim_Decisioning_Offer_Output_Hist dimension)?

Yours,

Yuri