2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 4:00 AM by John Sobczak

Row level Heirarchy

Eshwar Prasad

Hi Team,

We have feature of creating column level hierarchy in the Tableau. But how to create row level hierarchy using tableau in the text table.

Like Below.

• 1. Re: Row level Heirarchy
          Simon Runc

hi Eshwar,

So I don't think (not that I have seen, or can think of) a way to individually expand each Code, as you can with the individual expand icons in Excel (as per your image).

You can however put the date into the hierarchy, put on the columns shelf and then have it work as per the below gif

Hierarchy.gif

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Row level Heirarchy
            John Sobczak

Eshwar,

It's not so much row level vs column level as you can put your hierarchy on rows or columns, but it's the ability to only expand the hierarchy for individual members at a given hierarchy level.  So for example in the Sample Superstore data set the Product Category hierarchy with Furniture, Office Supplies and Technology, if the hierarchy is expanded to sub-category, it is expanded across the board for all three categories.   I believe what you are asking for is to allow the user to expand for individual members such as Furniture while leaving Office Supplies and Technology aggregated up.