What I did was:
1) In Tableau v10.0 connected to the Excel file.
2) Created a union of the excel worksheets. Because the columns have different names we end up with multiple columns for the different brands and profit per brand.
3) Selected the three brand columns and chose to merge the columns.
4) Selected the three profit columns and merged the columns.
5) started a worksheet and dragged out the Brand dimension & profit measure.
6) Double-clicked on Measure Values to create a header for the measure.
Here's the online help for union and merging:
Let me know if you have any questions!
merged Excel file.twbx 25.8 KB
Thanks for the help. But I was wondering can I get a graph/chart for the same?