There were major issues with Amazon yesterday.
I'm guessing if you try again the creation of projects and sites should work.
Unfortunately Im still having the same problem today. Im hoping someone can help me because this is for a client that i manage and nothing I do to it seems to make any difference.
Just further to this issue I do notice that there is an update available for Tableau Server on the AWS Marketplace. Would anyone know how to install/update Tableau Server used on AWS?
Did you take a look at the logs. I bet the logs must say something interesting about the situation that might help.
Hi Clint -
You probably should open a support case with Tableau. A few things to keep in mind:
- There aren't any additional "AWS" permissions that are going to get in the way of you logging into Tableau Server. If you can actually "see" the login page, AWS is allowing you to connect to Tableau, which is all you care about from an AWS perspective
- "Marketplace" images are constantly updated so that when you launch a new Marketplace image, you get the "latest and greatest" Tableau.
- However, it is YOUR responsbility to upgrade Tableau Server once you've launched the image.
- Updating Marketplace images is actually NOT very straight forward. You cannot do an in-place upgrade on Marketplace images
- Instead, you should backup your Tableau Server using Tabadmin, spin up a BRAND NEW image, and then apply the backup using tabadmin restore --no-config
While the marketplace images make it easy to get a server up and running fast, I consder them sub-optimal in terms of ease of migration and upgrading. In your shoes, I'd probably do a "self-deploy" of Tableau Server on a clean Windows Instance of ec2.
Hope this helps.