3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 7:21 AM by Keith Troutt

Mobile design preview

Joseph Brown

I'm having an issue in that I developed a dashboard using version 9.something, built with a fixed size dashboard of A4 paper (I know, but my stakeholders love a print out).

We've recently updated to 10 and I have played around with a phone layout (I used the Default mobile screen size) over the existing dashboard. I used the "Fit Width" option, and it looks great on the tableau desktop preview.

However, on my mobile device (via the Tableau App, latest version), it is looking completely wrong - Stretched across the screen and small fonts etc.

I went back into the desktop preview, and changed from "Fit Width" to "Default" (still on the Phone layout), and it shows the same view I am getting on my phone (squashed up, some graphs fully across the screen, others not).

I've tried using floating, tiled, in containers, out of containers but I just can't seem to get my phone to show what I am seeing on the "Fixed Width" preview I am seeing on the Tableau Desktop preview screen.

Am I doing something silly, or is this a known problem.

I have tried on a HTC One M8 and an iPhone 5s - both show the same contorted view.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe

P.S. I've attached a screenshot of the Desktop preview next to the view I'm seeing on my mobile - i've had to edit it quite heavily to cover data security, but hopefully it still shows the nub of the issue.