2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 6:41 PM by Tharashasank Davuluru

Extraction Help

victor aguilar

Hello, everyone, I am facing a dilemma where I have a published extracted workbook, but I want to update it with a new extract. At first, it did not allow me to add a new source, but I got over that hump. Now when I change, source to the new extract nothing updates on any of my sheets. Can someone help explain what I am doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Extraction Help
          Madhusudhan Khambham

victor aguilar

Is your question is like

You extracted the data and published it to the server. You opened your workbook/dashboard/reports and able to see the reports with the data.

Now, You extracted the data again and published it to the server. Now, you are trying to see the workbook/dashboard/reports and you are not able to see the data from your new extract.

Is that right?

Possible reasons:

Scenario 1: First time you published say with name 'AAA'. Second time you published with 'BBB'.  You might be referring 'AAA' workbook.. This is not using the new extract data.

Scenario 2: Your second time extract might have failed for some reason which you might have not noticed.

You can try refreshing the data from your tableau server.

Click on workbook -> datasources -> extract refresh -> try selecting full refresh  and hit ok

Please check and let me know, if it helps.

Thanks

Madhu K

• 2. Re: Extraction Help
            Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi Victor,

what is data source type ? . is your data source is getting updated with new set of rows or else do you have new columns also?  Did you checked whther extract refresh is happening in tableau desktop or not?

Thanks,

Tharashasank