3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 9:32 AM by Jim Dehner

Stop Filter From Resetting On Dashboard Action

Paul Heering

I have a filter set on a sheet because I always want to exclude out "Non Billable" and "null".  So I set up a filter on a sheet and used exclude (see picture) and it works great.Filter On Sheet.png

Then I put this worksheet into a dashboard and have another worksheet that I am using the dashboard action to filter down this sheet.  The function is, whenever you click a service line, it filters all sheets "below" it down to that service line.  Again it works perfectly.  See picture of dashboard action.

Dashboard Action.png

The problem arises when I clear the filter by clicking the service line again.  It brings back "null" and "Non Billable" so when I go back to the original sheet I see this in the filter.

When I click "edit filter" I see this.

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 2.01.48 PM.png

Then when I click "Select from list" I can see it is back to all values.

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 2.01.55 PM.png

I'm looking for a setting that will result in "Null" and "Non Billable" always being excluded no matter what else happens.

I wish I could just go into the original data set and delete them but I don't have that option.

Paul

• 1. Re: Stop Filter From Resetting On Dashboard Action
          Madhusudhan Khambham

I'm looking for a setting that will result in "Null" and "Non Billable" always being excluded no matter what else happens.

I wish I could just go into the original data set and delete them but I don't have that option.

Hi Paul Heering

By seeing the last two lines, I am suggesting this approach for you. Please use a datasource filter and exclude 'Null' and 'Non-Billable' values from your Datasource.

Please go through this link for more details Filter Data from Your Data Source

I do have this problem and i resolved with this approach.

Please feel free if you have any further queries.

Thanks

Madhu K

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stop Filter From Resetting On Dashboard Action
            Chandrakumar Dwaraganathan

Hi Paul,

One of the option that did the trick for me, was to change the filter to 'Attribute' from 'Dimension' and select the values for the filter.

By doing this, the filters are retained even after performing dashboard actions.

Hope this helps

CK

• 3. Re: Stop Filter From Resetting On Dashboard Action
              Jim Dehner

Hi Paul

see the approach attached

I've used the statement below to eliminate the Furniture category

then when you create the viz - put in the Dimension from the D/b In my case Category

and set to "All Values in Context"

if you want to drive it from a menu on the db - load the sheet and apply the filter to all sheets

or you can drive it from action filters

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful