6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 11:52 PM by Thomas Rones

Navigation bar between dashboards with click

S. L.

I am trying to create a navigation bar at the top of each dashboard that allows the user to navigate to a certain dashboard with a click. I'm relatively new to Tableau (v.10) and I believe I've been using Filter Actions (outlined as this article describes Creating a Table of Contents to Navigate to Other Dashboards | Tableau Software)). When I upload it to Tableau Public to test it, when the user clicks on it, it highlights odd and pop up with the "Keep" and "Exclude" box — it will eventually navigate to where you'd like it to, however this is confusing to the user. I've included that picture below.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 6.58.29 PM.png

Additionally, in the actual Tableau workbook, the text doesn't display correctly, however it seems fine once it's uploaded to Tableau Public (picture below). What could the issue be? Is it just my computer's inability to handle it?

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 7.04.33 PM.png

Is there a better way to be creating this navigation bar? I know Tableau Public will create the automatic small tabs at the top, however this is going in a website as separate dashboards linked so I don't believe this will work. It's also quite tedious to make and set up at the top of each of the 8 dashboards, having to create the action each time.

Thanks for the assistance!