3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 12:17 PM by Simon Runc

Difference in granularity in action filters/ Unable to add quick filter dimension in action filter

Vamshi Chakravarthy

Hi. I am working on a workbook where we created multiple dashboards within a workbook. Now, I will try to explain my problem in a simple way.

I have two dashboards D1 and D2 in my workbook. D1 has data regarding open tickets while D2 has data regarding unassigned tickets in this week. In D2, since the worksheet focuses only on this week's tickets, I added a current_week = "Y" filter which filters data only for his week.

Now, I want to see all those unassigned tickets (as in D2) which are still open (as in D1) upon clicking on that ticket. So, I added an action filter with ticket ID in selected fields. Here is where I am facing the problem. Now, I click on a ticket in D2 and I will be navigated to D1 absolutely fine. But in D1, since I dont have the current_week_flag, I see all my open tickets and not just the one I want.

How do I work around with it? I am setting up the granularity in actions. But I am not able to add the current week granularity since it is not in both the dashboards, Please help. I need the dimension which is there in filter to coordinate with the actions putting simply.

• 1. Re: Difference in granularity in action filters/ Unable to add quick filter dimension in action filter
          Simon Runc

hi Vamshi,

So I think I understand...but let me know if not!

Assuming that your current_week_flag is a row-level dimension...As in D2 you have the filter on current_week_flag = true (or 1, if you've set it up as a 1/0), also adding the dimension to the viz won't change the viz (everything in D2 is current_week_flag = true). Once you have it in the viz you can send it along with the ticketID.

Hope that helps

• 2. Re: Difference in granularity in action filters/ Unable to add quick filter dimension in action filter
            Vamshi Chakravarthy

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately no. I think I can explain it better so that I get the right answer.

I have a dashboard where I am looking at current weeks open tickets for every CEO. Since, this dashboard aims on showing only current weeks tickets, I added my report date to filter which shows a relative range of values only from last week. I dragged my date column into filter, made it a range one and gave previous week as the value. So, it is taking the results of only the previous week.

Now, I have another dashboard which shows me the list of all tickets over every week. for every CEO. This dashboard doesn't just show this weeks open tickets, but rather shows for last 1 year. So, I again added report date to filters and selected previous 52 weeks option in it.

I think I am clear until here. Now, I want to navigate from my second dashboard to first dashboard based on both CEO directs and report date. That is if I click on a CEO direct and a week in second dashboard, I need to be taken to the first dashboard for the same CEO direct and report date. Suppose, I clicked on report date week 1/26 for CEO direct 5. Now, I need to see this details in my first dashboard. So, I added an action filter from D2 to D1 where I selected fields CEO directs and Report date. Here is where I get the problem. Since I clicked on 1/26 for CEO 5, it needs to show me that. But however, in my dashboard 1, i had report date filtered only for previous week and not for the week of 1/26. So, I am seeing wrong values filtered. But if I click on this current week however, I see the right values only.

So, what I want to do is be able to filter for last 52 weeks if I try to navigate from D2 to D1. However, when I see D1 normally, I need to see for only last 1 week.

I think I am clear in explaining to you. Thanks for your help in advance.

Vamshi

• 3. Re: Difference in granularity in action filters/ Unable to add quick filter dimension in action filter
              Simon Runc

I'm not entirely sure...when you say wrong values, do you mean wrong?, or nothing returned? ...and then you say click on current week, click what?

I've worked up my view of how I think (most likely wrong!) is the issue you have. If it's as per yours, great...looks like does what you need, else can you amend this so it demonstrates the issue (without knowing the level of detail in each viz...etc. it's hard to give an exact solution)