Hi, I have a similar problem we updated the hostname of our Windows server to follow standards.
This is what I did, and I have only had mixed success:
I stopped tableau server.
exported the configuration to a file.
then I used tadadmin set commands to change the configuration lines that when the old hostname.
Then I ran at tabadmin configure and restarted the server ( like below)
But I am still getting apache errors and flapping on the service going up and down.
Yet, it work at times.
tabadmin set external_cache.keyspace_name newhostname
tabadmin set recommendations.host newhostname
tabadmin set repository.blobbased.key_prefix newhostname
tabadmin set wgserver.staticimages.url.host newhostname
tabadmin set wgserver.gateway newhostnameurl
Come to find out for our environment some of the networking devices didn't have the new hostname correctly updated and that might be the reason for our failure. DNS is being corrected and I am going to reboot the machine and retest