5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 1:10 AM by Dhruv Gupta

Show name of latest month available in data set automatically

anastassia.dobrinevskaia

Hi there!

I have been trying to figure out how to create a Tableau sheet which shows me the month of the latest responses within the data set I am working with. I have read a lot about how to show the current date etc., so I'm sure there is a way but I haven't been able to find it yet.

To clarify: my data set provides me with the dates on which a survey was taken (I have dates for every day of the month and year). In my Tableau, I have an overview dashboard showing the survey results of the latest month only (e.g. right now it's December; but it is automated, so the moment I load in the January data it will show the January data). I would like to have one sheet (which will later on be placed on the dashboard) which indicates the month I am currently showing on the dashboard (which is the last month available in my data). Out of the sanitized data set I attached, therefore, it would have to extract "December" because my dashboard will be showing the results from December only; once I start using January data it should show "January" etc. So I would need a function which gives me the name of the latest month in my data set or something similar..

Do you have an idea how to do this?

Thanks so much in advance!

Best

Anastassia