2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 12:40 PM by venky v

Error connecting to data source

venky v

Hi,

Iam in learning stage. We are using tableau 10.0.1 and I did a few changes to the metadata of one data source and when i get back to the worksheets it says worksheet unavailable. Please help.

@

• 1. Re: Error connecting to data source

Hi venky v,

This behavior is related to a known issue which has been corrected in more recent versions.

Please try one of the following workarounds: 

• Upgrade to Tableau Desktop to a newer version. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop.
          • Close all instances of Tableau Desktop and re-open the workbook using a new instance.  
          • Select Edit Connection and re-enter your server address and credentials.

It could also occurs because the " gateway.public. host name " was not updated when Tableau Server was upgraded, or because proxies have been known to cause issues where a Tableau Server address will point back to localhost, or the Tableau Server machine name, rather than the site name.

In these cases:

1. If Tableau Server is behind a proxy, ensure that the 'gateway.public.host name' is set correctly. For more information, see: Configuring Proxies for Tableau Server.
          2. If the above information is correct, and the issue continues, try the following:
            • Publishing the data source again.
            • Right click on Data Sources > Tableau Data Server > Edit server and site path > Enter the expected Tableau Server site name.

I hope this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error connecting to data source
            venky v

Thanks alot.