1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hi venky v,
This behavior is related to a known issue which has been corrected in more recent versions.
Please try one of the following workarounds:
- Upgrade to Tableau Desktop to a newer version. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop.
- Close all instances of Tableau Desktop and re-open the workbook using a new instance.
- Select Edit Connection and re-enter your server address and credentials.
It could also occurs because the " gateway.public. host name " was not updated when Tableau Server was upgraded, or because proxies have been known to cause issues where a Tableau Server address will point back to localhost, or the Tableau Server machine name, rather than the site name.
In these cases:
- If Tableau Server is behind a proxy, ensure that the 'gateway.public.host name' is set correctly. For more information, see: Configuring Proxies for Tableau Server.
- If the above information is correct, and the issue continues, try the following:
- Publishing the data source again.
- Right click on Data Sources > Tableau Data Server > Edit server and site path > Enter the expected Tableau Server site name.
I hope this helps!