Please check the connections of all Data sources once again.
Hi Enzo ,
Yes you are right if create an extract and then you create a packaged workbook it will contain the subsets of data and the user can open it.
Please follow these steps once again and check
- Open the original workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Select the data source from the Data menu, and select Extract Data.
- Click the Extract button.
- Select File > Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, from the Save as type drop-down list, select Tableau Packaged Workbook (*.twbx).
- Open the new packaged workbook from Tableau Reader
What version of Tableau Desktop are you using to create the workbook? also do you know what version of Tableau Reader is being used by the users trying to open the workbook?
thank you for the quick replay. I followed all the steps you suggested.
I noticed that the Tableau Reader (v10.x) user tries to open the twbx file directly from the mail he received.
I tested on 2 other Computers and it works perfectly.