3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 3:20 PM by Joe Oppelt

Goal Line

Anu Chandra

Hi,

I'm trying to add monthly goal to my actual installs/Pending chart. I used dual axis option but my legend is looking off. Is there a way to fix it or there is a better way of handling this? Find my attached workbook.

Thanks,

Anu

• 1. Re: Goal Line
          Joe Oppelt

I took a stab at it, though I'm not sure what you really want to see.

I set the color pill independently for STATUS and for SUM([Goal]).  that gives you two different color legends.

Just to show what you can do with that, I put the sheet on a dashboard, and shoved the two legends into a floating container.  I took off the titles from the two legends.  If the STATUS values grow (maybe some day a "deferred" status will show up, for example), the GOAL legend will just move down in the legend container below whatever the STATUS legend grows to.

• 2. Re: Goal Line
            Anu Chandra

That looks good to me. But what was I doing wrong?

• 3. Re: Goal Line
              Joe Oppelt

By having both color pills at the "ALL" level, it was creating a cross-grid of all the possible color combinations between STATUS and Measure names at the top-level of the sheet, all in one legend.

Separating them allows the two legends to remain independent of each other.