1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2017 1:16 AM by Sujay Paranjpe

Workbook Instead of Connections On Left Side of Screen

Dennis Bembenek

Hello Tableau gurus, I am brand new to Tableau and I am attempting to navigate the "Getting Started" Tutorial.  On my screen it shows Workbook instead of Connections on the left side of the screen. Because of this difference it is not allowing me to combine data from different sources.  Below I have inserted some images to highlight what is occurring on my screen (on the left) as is opposed to what is happening on the tutorial screen (on the right).

I really appreciate any help, thanks!

Workbook.PNG                                                                                                                                       Connections.PNG                            

• 1. Re: Workbook Instead of Connections On Left Side of Screen
          Sujay Paranjpe

Dear Dennis,

Welcome to the Tableau world! You are going to have a fun time.

You see the difference in the interface because they belong to 2 different versions. The Getting Started tutorial is recorded using Tableau Desktop 10.x. The one that you use on your machine is most likely Tableau Desktop 9.x. You need to use Tableau Desktop 10.x to follow the Tutorials.

Good luck.

Best,

Sujay

(If the response answers your question, mark the response as correct answer and/or helpful, so that it disappears from the open questions list)

1 of 1 people found this helpful