Step 1: Create a KPI
Create a KPI view using the steps provided in Creating Key Progress Indicators (KPIs).
You can also download the attached sample workbook to see the finished result.
Step 2: Set up conditional background color
- Drag the KPI field to Color on the Marks card.
- Change the mark type to Bar.
- (Optional) Click the arrow in the upper-right corner of the Color legend, select Edit Colors, and select the color palette you want.
- Drag Number of Records to Size on the Marks card.
- Click the arrow in the upper-right corner of SUM(Number of Records), select Measure (Sum) > Minimum
- Adjust mark size as desired. See Size Properties for more information.
- (Optional) Hide the Number of Record Card.
BI Tableau Consultant
Hi Atul - Thanks for link but in your reference example your indicator is comparing the value to a static/hardcoded number (25,000). In my example the number is not hardcoded and is derived from a calculated field. So the shared example will not work. Please look into the attached twbx file.