Hi everyone, we are looking for a Data Programme Manager in Rome, Italy. Please see the attached terms of reference for details. If anyone is interested, please send your CV directly to me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Programme Manager
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Data Programme Manager, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Head of Business Engagement, the Data Programme Manager will be the liaison between IT and the business community on all issues related to data. They will focus on ensuring WFP is a data driven organization, supported by the right tools, policies and skills, and is looking at innovative ways and new technologies to gain business insight from data. Specifically, they will:
- Convene and manage diverse user groups and communities of interest/practice related to data including but not limited to: Open data, big data, analytics tools, privacy.
- Proactively manage a diverse group of stakeholders, ensuring they are involved in decision making at key points and that all decisions made are clearly documented and communicated.
- Maintain, manage and monitor a master plan for the data initiative, including sub-projects managed by various groups around WFP, and interact with business focal points to ensure smooth implementation.
- Coordinate the use of data tools, such as Tableau, as a service offering to the business.
- Create mock-ups and provide support to the business in how to best visualize key data for insights.
- Facilitate training and information sharing between the business and vendor.
- Assist in developing and maintaining risk and security policies. Liaise with IT teams involved in the data agenda (architecture, solutions development and service management) to ensure work around data is well understood, planned, resourced and implemented.
- Perform other duties as required.
SEE ATTACHED TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR DETAILS
As the online vacancy is now closed – please forward CVs directly to email@example.com
Deadline for applications:
Friday, 4 February 2017
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.