1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 1:01 AM by Wim Kegels

Transparent Color for Shapes?

Alex Dixon

Hello!

I'm creating a workbook (crazy, right?) that changes the color of circles based on a parameter. However, when that parameter changes to "Country", I'm using a shape mark to change the circles to flags to identify the respective country. The problem here is that when I'm using both color and shape marks, the shapes are shaded.

No Color Marks

flags.png

Color Marks

flags_with_color_marks.png

My question is, if this makes sense, is there a way to keep the color marks (for other dimensions that are selected via the parameter) without having the shapes colored as well? Basically, is there a workaround that will allow me to select or emulate a "None" value for the color when the "Country" value is selected?

• 1. Re: Transparent Color for Shapes?
          Wim Kegels

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do; would it be possible to post a packaged workbook so we can have a look?

One possible solution you might want to try is use a dual axis, with the marks on top, and only show these whenever "Country" is selected.  Make sure their opacity is at 100% (not transparant), so they'll cover up the colors.  For marks where you don't want to show a flag, you could create a blank .png object (remove the background, so it'll become transparant).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Wim

1 of 1 people found this helpful