3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2017 12:47 PM by Corey Brown

Formatting the Titles in a Trellis/Panel Chart

Corey Brown

I've created a dual axis Trellis chart comparing utilization percentage with overtime percentage for each employee.  I was wondering if there was a better way of titling each panel.  Currently, I've formatted the technician name on the Label Shelf for Line Ends, at the start of the line, and is aligned at the top left.  Then, to get the label to show above the lines rather than overlapping, and added 4 blank spaces after the label on the label shelf, and changed the axis to range from 0 to 1.45.  See the screenshots below for each step.

VS  

I have 2 issues with the way have formatted the titles:

1.  The titles are not uniform across all panels.  For example, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg did not start the year in January, and since the label is formatted to show at the start of the line, their names are more centered than the others.

2.  The labels overlap data points.  See Zach Galifianakis in February of the attached workbook.  I cannot get the tooltip to show up for February because the label is overlapping that data point.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I've attached a sample workbook in V10.1.