Two things to try first to help diagnose the issue:
- Are there any errors in the console when you run the connector in the simulator?
- Once back in Tableau, can you take a look at the Tableau logs and see if there are any errors?
For an introduction on how to do both of the things I mentioned above, I would recommend checking out this video on debugging: Debugging Tips & Tricks - YouTube.
Let me know if that helps!
1. I do not receive any errors while debugging in the simulator.
2. Based on the instructions on the video provided (very helpful, thank you!) I was able to pull the following errors from the Tableau logs (I can't attach a document from my work computer so I've included only the error text for each instance):
- XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yqlq.....
- Origin http://[server name] is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin
- WDC:Stock Data for DATA: Connection error
- Reporting data source exception. Type='WDCAbortError' Message='Error while trying to connect to the Yahoo stock data source.'
- Network error occurred: Error 5 (Operation canceled)
- WebDataTupleSource: :FetchMoreRows: Error downloading data: Operation Cancelled