Horatiu Negutoiu, I moved your question to the Server Admin forum because of the issue you bring up -- one that I was not even aware of: Modifying a workbook AND saving it as a separate copy will break its extract refresh, essentially severing its living data source connection and "replacing" it with a static one.
- What version of Tableau Server are you using?
- Just to make sure, have you verified that the copy is not getting new data when compared side-by-side with the original report? Because I would think that the copy would feed from the same extract since nothing internally would change at the Web Edit level (no columns/tables added, no data sources added/removed, etc.)
- This makes me wonder if the same thing happens when the data source is Live
Thanks for your reply.
1. I'm using Tableau 10.0.3 and I'm also going to test today using 10.1.3.
2. I will test that theory sometime soon.
3. When the data source is live, everything works well, because all you copy over is the connection information. Being a live data source, it will always give you the latest data.