2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 1:57 AM by Sahithya Reddy

Expansion of hierarchy conditionally

Sahithya Reddy

Hi,

Source is oracle for the worksheet.I have a worksheet having Hierarchy field in Rows shelf. Suppose we have hierarchy as below:

Country->State->Region. Then Country is in the Rows Shelf.

I have a spreadsheet having a column Limits. Limits have values Yes and No. Yes means 'DrillDown should be done', No means he should not be able to drilldown.

So, what I need is Yes means, the user should drill down till Region, No means he should see only Country level details.

Thanks,

Sahithya

• 1. Re: Expansion of hierarchy conditionally
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Sahithya, 

What are you trying to accomplish?  And can you share a tableau packaged workbook to show some sample data and what you have tried?   - Packaged workbooks: when, why, how

Thanks,

Patrick

• 2. Re: Expansion of hierarchy conditionally
            Sahithya Reddy

Hi Patrick,

Suppose my source file is having data as below from oracle data source(currently in my sample dashboard in the attachment I am using Excel source):

I have created hierarchy Country->State->Region and pulled into Rows shelf and SUM(Sales) into Column shelf.

I have a spreadsheet having column 'Limits' which has values 'Yes' and 'No' as below:

My requirement is when Limits is 'Yes' then she should be drill down in the worksheet (Country->State->Region) based on the user.

If user logged in is Pradhan, the Limits is 'Yes' then  she should drill down in the worksheet.

If user logged in is Reeta, the Limits is 'No' then she should not be able to drill down.Only Country should be seen or if you drill down also 'Region' and 'State' values should not be seen.

Thanks,

Sahithya